Meets: Meeting time Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:30-8:10am and 3:00-4:15pm from July to March.
Room: 700 Bldg
Payment Methods (Payments made no later than September 17th):
1. Cash, Check, Credit/Debit
2. Vail School District Tax Credit- click here (Select OVMS, select Cyber Patriots, Memo: Student Name)
*If there is financial hardship, please email me before deciding to remove your child from the program. Accommodations can be made as much as possible to ensure your child’s participation.
WHAT IS CYBER PATRIOT?
CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Education Program. At the center of CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Defense Competition. The competition pits teams of high school and middle school students in the position of newly hired IT professionals tasked with managing the network of a small company. In the rounds of competition, teams are given a set of virtual images that represent operating systems and are tasked with finding cybersecurity vulnerabilities within the images and hardening the system while maintaining critical services in a six-hour period.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
CyberPatriot at OVMS is open to 7th and 8th graders. Returning team members are automatically eligible for a spot on the team, with all other spots being filled through an application process. Students must be passing all classes to remain on the team for the duration of the competition season. Application information will be posted at the end of March or early April.
WHEN DO TEAMS COMPETE?
Competitions are scheduled by the Air Force Association on the following dates. Students are expected to make-up missing classwork in order to participate.
- Exhibiton Round II : Aug 24th-29th
- Training Round: Sep 8th-30th
- Sneak Peek: TBD
- Practice Round: Oct 5th-17th
- Round 1: Oct 22nd( Fri)-24th(Sun) *day will be assigned
- Round 2: Nov 12(Fri) -14th (Sun) *day will be assigned
- State Round: Dec 10th (Fri)-12th (Sun) – depends on teams that advance