ZAP Program “Zeros Aren’t Productive”
The focus of the program is on-time work completion by all OVMS students
- The purpose of ZAP is to prevent students from having failing grades due to zeros (missing assignments) and to ensure their practice and mastery of essential academic skills.
- Any student who has not handed in an assignment by the due date assigned in class will attend ZAP during lunch or after-school (depending on grade level).
- If ZAP is being held from 3:00pm – 4:15pm, any students eligible for bus service may take the activity bus home.
- If ZAP is being held at lunch, students will bring lunch with them to the assigned classroom.
- The work made up in ZAP will be given up to 80% credit.
- Any student who fails to attend ZAP will receive a referral and attend two days of lunch detention.Our goal is to teach students the value of practicing essential skills and successfully meeting external deadlines. We appreciate the support you provide your child at home and welcome any questions you may have.