OVMS HAWK Attire
- We all share the responsibility of assuring the atmosphere is conducive to learning and fostering an environment of respect. Appropriate dress is often a requisite for employment and, therefore, is a topic consistent with meaningful instruction and relevant to student learning.Students are expected to dress appropriately for school. Students may be asked to change clothes if the clothing is deemed inappropriate by staff. Please adhere to the following:
- All shirts, blouses, and dresses must have at least a two-inch width on the shoulders.
- Bra straps must not be visible and cleavage must be covered.
- Spaghetti straps and off-the-shoulder tops are not permitted.
- All shorts, pants, and skirts must have a hem and be of appropriate length (middle knucklewhen arms are extended by sides).
- Underwear/boxer shorts must not be visible.
- Any holes in shorts, pants, or skirts are not allowed above mid-thigh.
- Bike shorts, leggings, jeggings, and other types of excessively form-fitting clothing do not fit ourstandard and are not considered appropriate clothing for school (leggings, jeggings, or other types of excessively form-fitting clothing may be worn under skirt, dresses, or with a shirt that is equal in length to your middle knuckle when arms are extended by sides).
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Slippers are not appropriate shoes for school unless participating in a school spirit event.
- Skate shoes with wheels on the bottom, heels over two inches, and steel or otherwise reinforced hard-toe boots or shoes may not be worn at school.
- All hats must be worn facing forward. Hats are not to be worn indoors. Visors, hoods, and beanies are not to be worn indoors.
- Pajamas are not appropriate attire for school unless participating in a school spirit event.
- Clothing must not expose areas of the stomach, side, or back.
- Clothing and personal belongings worn must not depict inappropriate or negative pictures, messages, symbols, or lettering. There can be no depiction of sex, alcohol, drugs, or weapons.
- Gang-affiliated clothing and personal belongings, deemed such by local law enforcement officials, may not be worn.Any attire, accessories, or body art that are deemed a distraction by administration will not be allowed.