Old Vail Middle School
Back to School!
Student schedules are now available in POWERSCHOOL. You may now log in to PowerSchool, review the schedule, and print a copy for your son/daughter. If you are unable to print a schedule, there will be a hard copy of the schedule waiting for your child in their Advisory Base on the first day of school.
- While in PowerSchool, use the QUICK LOOK UP version to review your child’s schedule.
- There is still one class that needs to be identified on your child’s schedule. The ENRICH class will be selected by your child (and you) during the first week of school. For the first week of school, your student will return to their ADVISORY BASE class during the ENRICH period.
- Schedule change requests will not be taken until after the first 2 weeks of school.
Be sure to check out our school’s website at https://ovms.vailschooldistrict.org/ for school supply lists and other useful information.
As the first day of the 2019/20 school year approaches, we would like to remind you of some important dates and information.
July 12, 2019
- 6th Grade Orientation with WEB ~ 8:30am – 11:30am
- All of our 6th grade students are invited for this orientation… Students will meet in the gymnasium to begin this half-day filled with information, fun, and team-building activities. This orientation is for students only.
- Meet Your Teacher ~ 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- ALL of our students and parents are invited! Teachers will be in their rooms to greet parents and students. Please stop by to say hello and see where all of your classrooms will be. Please print your schedule at home and bring it with you to visit your classrooms.
July 15, 2019
- First Day of School ~ 7:55am – 2:55pm
- The first bell rings at 7:55am. School begins at 8:00am
- While we understand that you may want to park and walk your child on to campus we would highly encourage you to use our parent drop off loop rather than park. Traffic will undoubtedly be backed up due to first day of school traffic.
- There will be plenty of adults ready to receive your child and assist them in finding their classroom, if needed.
August 13, 2019
- Open House ~ 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Please join us for a brief presentation by Mr. Fester and an opportunity to visit your child’s classrooms.
See you soon!